The top industrial artists of 2020: A look at the artists and the companies that dominate the music industry today. They are always changing, but today’s top industrial acts are the ones that had made waves that year.
The two categories will be combined into a new category, which will be called “Industrial.” Metal will still be there, but Industrial will be the most comprehensive category, encompassing all genres of industrial music, including pure Industrial, Industrial Dance, Techno, EBM, Industrial Metal, Industrial Rock, Industrial Goth, Industrial Darkwave, Industrial Electro, Industrial Ambient, Industrial Metalcore, Industrial Metal, Industrial Industrial, Industrial Death, Industrial Gothic, Industrial Country, etc.
Here are the Top Industrial Artists of 2020
- Nine Inch Nails — In a time when music is dominated by a handful of artists, Nine Inch Nails have been able to remain on top of the scene for years. Lately, the band has been on a roll, releasing the critically acclaimed album Bad Witch, on May 18th, 2018. The album was a departure from their previous albums, including the Doppelgänger EP, the last release from the band. It was a more experimental album with heavy electronic influences.
- Marilyn Manson — Marilyn Manson has already released his twelfth solo studio album; it’s called Heaven Upside Down. It came out this past March. Heaven Upside Down is the follow-up to his 2013 album, which was titled The Pale Emperor, and was released by the band that he formed with his then-wife, the late Paz Lenchantin, who died in 2008.
- Motley Crue — Motley Crue is one of the most successful hard rock bands of all time. The band has sold over 100 million albums worldwide, with over 30 gold-certified albums. They have had 14 top ten singles on the Billboard 100, with one being certified as platinum. They have also had five top-ten singles on the Billboard rock chart, with four being certified as gold or better.
- Korn — Korn, one of the top-selling bands of all time, is one of the world’s most influential bands. They’ve sold over 45 million records worldwide, with hits like “Freak on a Leash” and “Got the Life.” But apart from their music, their message of hate, violence, and mosh pits, which some claim is the perfect example of a modern album release, has influenced others, including the members of Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, and Nine Inch Nails.
- Celldweller — “Celldweller” is an industrial metal band formed in 2004 in the United States (Thousand Oaks, California) by vocalist/programmer Alexander Hacke and producer Markus Kerber. Since its creation in 2004, the synth-based band has released five studio albums, all featuring Kerber’s unique, yet simplistic, production approach. Sometimes referred to as the “Godfather of Industrial Metal” (and with good reason), Kerber has produced every album in the Celldweller discography.
- Mindless Self Indulgence — With the release of their latest EP, “Mindless Self Indulgence, top industrial musical artist of 2020”, the band’s complete transformation from a simple, if somewhat lo-fi, industrial-rock band to the quintessential ’80s hair metal outfit known as “Mindless Self Indulgence” has been complete.
- Rammstein — It may have been a little over a decade since Rammstein released a new album, but their popularity continues to grow. In fact, they’re considered to be the most successful German band of all time. Rammstein is one of the most popular industrial bands in the world. Nuremberg was their hometown, before the group moved to Berlin. They have released numerous albums under different monikers, including “Rammstein,” “Rammsteiner,”
As we enter into the second decade of the 21st century, we see a counter-cultural change in the music industry. We see a new crop of artists that are worthy of the title “Industrial.” The rise of the Industrial music scene has been accompanied by a resurgence in the genre’s artistic integrity and technical proficiency. Some of the greatest Industrial artists of all time, such as Skinny Puppy, Front 242, and The Prodigy, still inspire and influence new artists on the scene, and we can only hope that these artists continue to inspire and influence us in the future. We, at Hooligan Rock ‘n’ Roll, wish to recognize and honor the unsung heroes and visionaries of the Industrial scene by compiling a list of the top artists in the genre.